Friday, August 16, 2013

For all those blessed with bald eyebrows:

Whether you over-tweezed or were born with sparse brows, have no fear we can troubleshoot!

In my early college years I went tweezer-happy and arched my brows way past their natural growth level -- and now they don't grow back haha. So now I can get a super nice high arched brow, but look dead when they aren't filled in at all.

I trim my eyebrow hairs so that they don't stick out crazy above or below my brow line
Believe it or not they used to be worse than this, I've been growing them out


 
Finished Aqua Brow on one eyebrow!
I personally have never used stencils, just keep adding to each
 brow until they are (relatively) even on both sides

They photograph a little unnatural, I promise in person
the color & texture are very nice. Aqua Brow dries with a
powder-like finish, but ultra long lasting! Not as clean/
sharp as Tarte's Brow Mousse or Stila's waterproof
brow pen (like a liquid liner/stain for brows), but I dig
the finish -- doesn't look too dramatic for no-eyeshadow days




 

Here's the lifesaver:
Makeup Forever Aqua Brow Shade 15 
 
MUFE's Aqua Brow is a waterproof gel.
You only need a tiny tiny amount of this stuff for both brows which is amazing because this $20 tube will last me years! Hello, fantastic value!!

If you've never filled in your brows before this may not be your first choice because you want to have a pretty good feel for your brow shape before you jump in with this one -- for beginners I would recommend a powder or pencil -- powders are the easiest I think & produce the softest look, pencils are good for more definition or creating hair-like strokes.

Aqua Brow dries quickly once applied to the skin. I prefer to work with a pretty small brush to have better control & precision. I use Sephora Classic Angled Liner Brush #15 (literally have had this exact brush for 13+ year)

I start in the middle of my arch, building on the top & shaping my arch


Working further on the arch
Once I add to one brow I add to the other right after -- this helps me keep everything even and in check

 
 
I went back and darkened my brows with Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eyeshadow in "Social" using same angled Sephora brush




Finished brow! & products on the right >>