Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes mascara review

 
Tarte's new mascara: Lights Camera Flashes is a take on their original ultra popular mascara: Lights Camera Lashes. I love love this amped up formula! The brush is very spiky a la Benefit's They're Real and the formula is ultra creamy and a rich, intense black. More views of the brush:


 
The brush alternates short and long spikes so when you twist the brush while combing over lashes you get the excessive volume and definition! I love using the short spike side to pack on formula then comb through with the longer spiked side.
 
Lights Camera Flashes hardens a bit when it dries down, which locks curl and prevents it from smudging under eyes. Usually I find it difficult to build and layer a mascara that dries this way, but this Tarte mascara reactivates when another coat is applied. It layers very well!!! 
I also love this mascara on top of any other mascara. It adds instant drama and I love Tarte's brand essence of "high performance naturals" - all Tarte product are vegan and are super packed with healthy-for you & your skin ingredients. -- always an awesome bonus to have added conditioning! 

Here is how the mascara looks on my lashes: 




Curled, naked lashes





One coat: this is awesome for only one coat! This one, Too Faced Better Than Sex & YSL Baby Doll mascaras are the only mascaras I've ever used that I am happy with after just one coat















Second coat: much more drama!! My lashes look fake!
Only possible downside I could think of was that the first few times I use it, I smeared mascara all over my eyelid. Because the formula is so creamy if it touches your skin at all while wet, it will leave a spot


 Eventually I became more careful an this is no longer an issue :) only positive things to say about this mascara! Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes is an amazing mascara for anyone looking for an enhanced lash look. Would definitely recommend over and over - very few others match it in awesomeness.