Monday, June 10, 2013

17-5641 Emerald: PANTONE's Color of the Year 2013


 

PANTONE describes Emerald as:  "Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony"

If you have never heard of PANTONE before, they are THE color authority of the world. They are known for their color matching system that is used in everything from printing to fabrics to car colors to makeup and everything in between. Sephora currently has an exclusive collaboration with PANTONE (Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE) -- anyone remember Tangarine Tango from last year?

I LOVE this color! It is so vibrant and fun, but totally wearable at the same time! PANTONE's Emerald shade lies directly between blue & green on the color spectrum so it is flattering on every skin tone and eye color!

These are the 2 emerald inspired products I purchased when we first started celebrating Emerald at Sephora.

Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in "Stage Dive"
         - These are my favorite glitter liners! I have 4 currently. They all have a clear base (perfect when you want to layer them over liners or shadows). These are more reflective & bright than any other glitter liner I've ever used! Every time I wear one of these I get a million compliments.

Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Color Cube Lid Stain (you can only get this in the collection set now)
          - This isn't actually a stain, it's more of a cream liner, but can be blended out or used as a cream shadow. Amazingly pigmented, easy to blend, lasts all day. So glad I swooped one of these before they sold out.

Pantone lid stain 1 coat, UD glitter 1 coat, UD glitter over lid stain
Don't be afraid of the Emerald! Occasionally I will bust out an entirely green smoky eye then layer the UD glitter liner all over my lid - I love it! But understand that is not an everyday look most people are comfortable with haha. Try and emerald liner or shadow just along your bottom or top lash line - it's fun and unexpected, but not too crazy.  I am stoked about this color and how it has spiced up my go-to looks.