Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"What are you wearing?"

 At work, clients ask me all the time what I am wearing (usually at the start of my shift when my makeup is not on it's last limb). Talk about a loaded question!! I doubt you actually want to hear me list off all 50-ish products I used on my face today haha


I'm guessing most men (and some women) would have a heart attack if they saw how many things go into prettying myself up in a full face of makeup for work/going out. But I have spent the last half year finding the products that work best on my skin (whether it be the colors, coverage, textures...). Plus my makeup has to be looking presentable 10-12 hours after application -- this is TOUGH! After constant experimentation and sampling I have found the perfect recepe to make my makeup last without touching up! This is different for every skin and skin type so what works for me may not work for you -- point is, keep looking for the perfect combo & if you have problematic skin like me, don't expect one miracle product to do it all. I use 4-6 products (primers, fillers, foundations, & powders) on JUST my nose to conceal my pores -- cray! But it's the only thing that gives me the results I want.

THIS! I am wearing ALL of this on my face.
Would you like to ask a more specific question? haha

*embarassing but I'll admit it still: some days I use way more than this haha

I am probably much more of a perfectionist with my makeup than the average woman, but I am super passionate about my makeup and love discovering a new product that improves my look!

I am not afraid to admit that I wear a lot of makeup. In fact I'm proud of it! I look so much better with makeup on haha.

While I wear a lot of makeup, I do not lather on a mask of foundation and smear black shadow up to my eyebrows --- I keep my makeup flattering and my face makeup as natural as possible.  This is where Skincare ties in - since I have started properly taking care of my skin, I need to wear much less makeup and everything looks, sits, lasts, and blends better on my skin -- this is a night and day transformation for me! I'll save skincare for another post haha. Here are a few more pictures of what I did with that obnoxious amount of beauty products above::

I LOVE how this cat eye smokey eye turned out. That super warm orangey brown from the Kat Von D Ladybird Palette is out of this world. I'm obsessed.


This silver shadow on the inner half of my lid is one of the new reformulated Sephora Collection eye shadows "Engagement Ring" -- It has the most metallic shimmer I've ever seen in a silver powder  shadow, it's gorgeous when applied wet too.

crazy eyeballs, different lighting

No one has to know how you blow hundreds of dollars every year on makeup/skincare...
I can't be the only one who has this problem haha
It's cool, it'll be our little secret.