Monday, June 10, 2013

PANTONE Emerald Look 1

Let the PANTONE Emerald Madness Begin...


At the beginning of the year, part of our required look was to incorporate Emerald into our looks every day. This was the fastest way to inspire creativity & experimentation with my daily makeup haha. After rockin Emerald almost every day for a few months, I am super comfortable with it and often end up reaching for the color when I am in a rush and want to add some flavor to my typical smokey eye.

Here is the first of my favorite PANTONE Emerald inspired looks: 

After the pics I'll give a little description about how I put these eyeballs together + the other products I used.


 
 

What do you think?? This is one of my all time favorite eyeshadow combinations. I couldn't get over how well it turned out that day :)  Okay here's how I did it:
  1. Urban Decay Primer Potion "Original" all over lids
  2. Blend Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Color Cube Lid Liner Stain with finger all over both lids up to crease. Blend out any harsh lines with a smudgy brush
  3. Using a fluffy crease brush, slowly build up Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow in "Social" (matte, warm chocolate brown) in crease, focusing most color around outside corner of eyes to get that smokey gradient
  4. Soften upwards towards brows by blending Urban Decay shadows "Buck" and "Naked" from Naked 1 Palette.
  5. With flat shadow brush, apply Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow in "Posh" (matte warm cream just under brows and blend into the brown shadows
  6. To darken & intensify the smokey eye, go back with a tiny brush (I love Coastal Scents Classic Shadow Small Natural) and a tiny bit of NYX Black shadow. Keep this shadow just on the outside corner, I create a little dot of pure black then softly smoke it out with the little brush.
  7. Take Q-tip with makeup remover and remove fall out/carve into the shadow to create a cat eye template
  8. Follow cleaned up shadow line with Kat Von D Eyeliner Pen in "Trooper"
  9. Spend 20 minutes trying to get the wings to be even
  10. Layer Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in "Black Ink 1" over wing and continue along upper lash line
  11. Use eyeliner brush to glide more PANTONE emerald lid liner stain along entire bottom lash line
  12. Blend a little black shadow on outer 1/4 of lower lash line on top of emerald liner
  13. Add Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in "YEYO" to inside corners of eyes & top with Sephora Colorful Mono Eye Shadow in "Wedding Day" (shimmery white) to lock down & intensify.
  14. Also add a tiny bit of Sephora "Wedding Day" just under brows to give even more highlight (use another tiny brush!)
  15. Curl lashes & use 3 coats of Diorshow Iconic Mascara in "Black"
I will have probably tons of posts about brows later, but this time I filled them in with the same Lorac Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadow in "Social" wet with Sephora Collection Classic Angled Liner brush #15 (I've had this brush for 13 years!!!)



FINISHED LOOK!


p.s. This red top you'll probably see in every one of my pictures is my Sephora tunic. I wear it proudly :)